I’m going to start something new here on Be:Well:Run, and hopefully be able to make it a weekly thing. I’m going to share some resources, interesting reads, recipes, podcasts to listen to, people to follow, stuff to make you go “hmmmmm”.
This weekend I’ll be participating in a relay team in the third annual Whistler 50 with some girlfriends. It looks as though this is going to be my final race of the year, but there will still be plenty of running left before 2013 is done!
While I’m running, in the cool early morning air here in Whistler, sit back with your favourite morning beverage – whoa, cowboy, it’s a bit early to start drinking – and take a gander at what is out there in the www.
- My beautiful friend, Trailmomma, is trying to show her PTA the error in their decision to make 2 litre bottles of soda (pop) a prize in a fundraiser game for their school – these bottles were given out to children. Check out her blog post, share it, spread the word. IT IS NOT OKAY TO GIVE CHILDREN SODA!!!
- DailyInfographic.com has a fantastic infographic that teaches us which fruits, veg and herbs are in season and when
- 41 Sneaky Names for Sugar from MindBodyGreen.com
- My friend Andrea just donated 16 inches of her hair to be used in making a wig for a cancer patient, in memory of her father who passed away from cancer two years ago today. She is accepting donations for her fundraising goal until the end of Oct.
- Sign up for a free month of yoga at myyogaonline.com through Yogue’s blog! Do it. Do it now.
And a recipe!
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 4 handfuls spinach
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 broccoli stem
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon juice squeezed in
- 1 tsp flax meal stirred in before serving
Have a great weekend, get outside. I’ll be back with a race report next week!